Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No Excuses, Go Vote

I am a very political llama. It's a frustrating, passionate, occasionally abusive relationship, but I continue to vote because I believe in the process, in democracy. It's not an idealistic love affair. To quote a friend, "I am sick of voting for the lesser of two evils, but at least I still have a choice."

Getting into the nitty-gritty of my political beliefs at this late a date would be futile, but if you are still undecided or frustrated or apathetic - suck it up, make a choice and go vote. Not exercising your right to have active participation in our democratic process makes room for those to seek power to take it away from you. Just by exercising your rights, you make them stronger.

If you haven't registered, go do that today instead.

If you haven't decided on who to vote for, check out the Google Voter Information area and click through some links.

If you have decided and have not yet voted today, go do it. Now. Right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment